Thursday, September 4, 2008

Arriving on the North Shore

I arrived to Hawaii on Tuesday- my flights went fine and my bags and everything arrived safely. I picked up my car- a turquoise Toyota Yaris- I guess you get what you pay for, ha! Then I went to Aunt Ruthie's school and picked her up and we headed to the North Shore. It was so nice to talk to her and catch up in the car- I haven't seen her in over 4 years so it was soooo nice to see her. My real estate agent met us at the Condo- it is so gorgeous. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, clean, open, airy- just perfect. It is located right on this quiet little beach. It is not really a swimming beach, more of a snorkeling beach becuase of the coral, but in the afternoon sea turtles come up near shore and swim around and it is so beautiful! Tuesday night Aunt Ruthie slept over- we had burgers in Haliewa town and then pretty much went straight to bed. Wednesday we went to Wal Mart and Costco so I could pick up the things I needed, then I headed back up to Waialua and she went into school for the afternoon. I drove to the beach for a late afternoon swim, then came back to the condo to watch the sunset and cook dinner. Today I am headed to the library and then to Waimea Bay for a bit before I pick up Tricia at the airport!


On a side note, I am pretty much in love with this place- it is pure heaven. At night I listen to the surf crashing outside my window and when I wake up I stare at the beautiful water. I went for a run near the mountains this morning and it was so peaceful and safe and pretty. Don't worry though, I AM coming back. Come visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess,

I am so jeleous that you are in Hawaii, I wish I could visit you! Have a great time and I can't wait to see you when you get home!

Love,

Cousin Heather