Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vegas

Celebrating Morgan's 21st in Vegas was a blast. It was Sigal, Morgan and I (friends from college ski team) and we stayed at the Luxor aka the giant pyramid hotel. Our room was great- really cheap and plenty big for the three of us. The first night we were all exhausted so we went to Mixx Bar on top of the Mandalay which was gorgeous becuase it had amazing views of the strip. The next day we walked around Vegas seeing a bunch of Casino's like the MGM, New York New York, Excalibur. It must have been Morgan's lucky day because she won $30 in the quarter slots!

That night we went to LAX, which is this awesome club in our hotel which a lot of celebrities go to. We happened to meet a bunch of brothers at the club who were there celebrating one of the brother's 21st birthday. In a twist of fate, they were all 6'6'' or above, so it was hilarious seeing them next to 4'9'' Morgan. During the days we spent most of our time at our pool because it was so hot out, around 105 degrees. Sigal did a bunch of gambling at the blackjack tables but I didn't really do any so that I could save my money for the next two months.
On Saturday Heather came to visit from LA. We ended up at the Wynn Hotel at this amazing bar called Blush- very high end. The Wynn is one of the most exclusive hotels in Vegas. We had a blast dancing and we met a bunch of funny Spanish guys who kept buying us drinks all night (thank god because the drinks were so expensive). The next day Morgan and Sigal headed back to Boston pretty early and Heather and I and her friend Kendall went to the Palms pool for the afternoon before we headed back to LA.

The drive back to LA wasn't too bad- I thought it was pretty in the desert will all the mountains. In LA I wasn't feeling to great but we went to Hermosa Beach for Labor Day and it was really fun- the waves were big and the water was warm. We also got some Mexican food and Sangria at this restaurant with two of Heather's friends who happened to be from New London, CT.

No comments: